How To Use Your Bobcat Skid Steer Loader
Did you recently just purchase a Bobcat Skid Steer loader and are wondering how to operate it? Look no further, this article will explain how to operate your new piece of equipment with ease. Learning how to use and operate a Bobcat Skid Steer Loader can be intimidating if you have never operated one before, however, with some practice, they become easy to operate and manage.
What is a Bobcat Skid Steer Loader?
A Bobcat Skid Loader is a versatile tool that is found on a variety of job sites as it is fit for both home projects and commercial sites. So whether you are working on a DIY home project or are working on building a brand new home you must learn how to operate this machinery.
Basic Steps on How to Operate a Bobcat Skid Steer Loader:
- Get Familiar: To begin you will need to learn and get familiar with the basic controls of the skid steer to do so read the operator’s handbook.
- Safety First: Fasten your seatbelt and lower the seat belt down over your lap.
- Get Comfortable: To get comfortable pull the lever on the left-hand side, this will allow you to move your seat back and forth. Also, in the top right-hand corner, you will find the area to engage your key and start the machine.
- Practice Driving: To turn right push the left joystick to the right. To turn left, push the left joystick to the left.
- Practice Using the Joysticks: The left Joystick controls the movement of the loader and the right joystick controls the boom and bucket function. To raise the boom off of the ground pull the right joystick back and to put it back down push the right joystick forward.
- Practice Scooping Material: To begin picking up the material drive to the pile and drop the boom to the ground by pushing the right joystick down. Then drive forward to scoop the material off the ground. Next, raise the boom by pulling back the right joystick.
- Practice Dumping Material: to dump the material, lower the boom by moving the right joystick down. Then open the bucket to dump the material and then secure the bucket back in.
Keep these tips in mind when beginning to operate your machinery and always practice top safety precautions.
Contact Us Today for all of your Bobcat Skid Steer Loader Questions!
If you work or live in the Greater Boston area and you are looking for a Bobcat Skid Steer Loader or are looking to get one repaired, please feel free to give us a call at 617-957-8005 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to speaking with you regarding our same-day repair services.